2nd Annual Wiffle Ball at the Hollow
July 21, 2018
An event and lunch benefiting the
“C” You In The Major Leagues Foundation
We’re excited to announce the 2nd Annual Wiffle Ball at the Hollow is set for the morning and early afternoon of July 21, 2018.
Our inaugural “Wiffle Ball at the Hollow” event sold out as we raised nearly $75,000 for “C” You In The Major Leagues and other charities based in the Kansas City area!
Here’s a recap video from 2017…
Wiffle Ball at the Hollow, our signature event, is a Wiffle ball game and luncheon in the front yard of one of our supporters. The game is played in a “stadium” designed by one of the world’s top stadium architecture firms, HOK. It’s an opportunity for adults to be kids again…in a setting with a Cooperstown feel.
We’re making a few tweaks and a few additions for 2018, but we anticipate it being just as “magical” as last year’s event. Some of the highlights include:
- Special cookouts at The Hollow and other cool locations around the city for players and sponsors in the months leading up to the game. A chance for you to hang out with some of your teammates before the big day, and to swing the plastic. Current tentative dates for those: May 22, and June 26.
- Our Honorary Commissioner this year is George Brett. As our Honorary Commissioner, George is scheduled to appear at the Hollow on Saturday.
- A packet pick up and Home Run Derby at the Hollow on Friday night, July 17.
- Speaking of packets, each player will receive a “swag bag” that includes a customized, authentic Royals jersey and Royals hat (both different from last year), four tickets to the luncheon, a Wiffle ball signed by Dayton Moore and other Hollow celebrities, a copy of Mike Savage’s “Wiffle Ball at The Hollow” painting, and more!
- Each team will have 10-12 players, including a media personality and a former Royals’ player as pitcher.
- Heat permitting, we will play one 75-minute game.
- Cost per player is $3,000. As with last year, you can pay the $3,000 with one check, or you can take advantage of our peer-to-peer fundraising option. (If you want to do peer-to-peer, we’ll set up a page for you, and you’ll be ready to start rocking the donations almost immediately.) Unlike last year, however, fundraisers will be expected to raise the full amount.
Tentative Schedule for July 21, 2018
- 9:30 a.m. — Players begin check in at “The Hollow”
- 10:30 — Pregame ceremonies (includes player intros by Denny Matthews, color guard, national anthem, ceremonial first pitches)
- 10:45 — Game starts
- 12:00 p.m. — Game ends (or 7 innings, whichever comes first)
- 12:30 — Lunch & program (includes hearing from Dayton Moore and other celebrities, and the auction winners)
- 1:45 — Lunch ends
- 2:15 — Fundraising championship game begins (Game lasts one hour.)
Wiffle Ball at the Hollow Charity Game Application
If you would like to play in this year’s Wiffle Ball at the Hollow, please fill out the following application in its entirety. We will contact you as soon as we receive it. That email will include further instructions. Thank you!