Applications for the 2020-21 school year for current high school freshmen and sophomores, plus mentors, will open in spring 2020. To be among the first to know when, sign up for our newsletter.
C-10 Mentoring & Leadership offers high school students the opportunity for mentoring and exposure to an abundance of resources to learn life and career skills. Weekly programs offer a range of topics utilizing guest speakers focused on one of CYITML’s C’s, ACT prep coursework, resume writing, assistance filling out job or college applications, and giving back to the community through monthly service projects. Each student has his or her own mentor to help ensure success.
Purpose of C-10 Mentoring & Leadership:
- To develop and experience life and leadership skills based on each CYITML “C”: Character, Care, Coach, Competitor, Commitment, Composure, Comprehension, Concentration, Confidence, Courage.
- To learn life and career skills, such as money management, resume writing, filling out college and/or job applications, interviewing, shopping for and preparing food, and changing a tire and the oil in a vehicle.
- To experience on-the-job training through shadowing.
- To gain a greater sense of community through monthly service projects.
Goals for the Program:
- Help students excel academically.
- Teach students the value of being physically and spiritually healthy, the importance of avoiding drugs, alcohol, and gangs, and the importance of healthy relationships.
- Offer students real-life work experiences.
- Promote community service in greater Kansas City.
- Develop a servant leadership model with each student.
Every facet of C-10 works to help these students set and achieve their goals while developing a servant leadership attitude for life!
Student Participation Requirements:
- Be a role model for other students;
- Stay drug and alcohol free;
- Maintain at least a 2.2 GPA;
- Be a resident of the Kansas City Metropolitan Area;
- Have a desire to be dedicated to the leadership program, and meet on a weekly basis.
Be a part of our team!
Make an impact on a student’s life today.
There are five critical components to the success of C-10 Mentoring & Leadership: the students who filled out the application; their parents/guardians who are encouraging them to participate; the mentors who are spending two hours a week with the students; the curriculum committee which developed the course; and YOU!
If you or your business would like to partner with us for a field trip, job shadowing, sponsorship opportunities, or a general donation, you can contact us online or via snail mail: C-10 Mentoring & Leadership, c/o “C” You In The Major Leagues Foundation, P.O. Box 13428, Overland Park, KS, 66282.
Or, you can click below to help us reach our goal of $49,655.
Support C-10 for 2019-20Think about that person -- or people -- in your life that you'd consider a hero or a mentor. It could be from your childhood or in your career or personal life as an adult. Are you thinking of a parent? A teacher or coach? Or someone from a mentoring program? C-10 is a one-to-one mentoring program that gives high school students, largely from underserved areas of Kansas City, a chance to gain educational, life and career experiences, while developing a servant leadership heart. Will you help us reach our goal to fully fund C-10 this school year?$11,990.00 donated of $63,175.00 goal
Mentor – Mike PThis is a life-changing program. Will you help support it?$175.00 donated of $1,000.00 goal
Fulks’ 50 for C-10As I turn 50 in February, can we get 50 donors to help students?$50.00 donated of $500.00 goal
Mentor – John S.C-10 is a life-changing program. Will you help me reach my goal?$0.00 donated of $1,000.00 goal
Mentor – Andrew KWill you support this great program?$0.00 donated of $1,000.00 goal
Our inaugural 2018-19 C-10 Mentoring and Leadership students, mentors and curriculum committee.